International expatriate management: views on trends ahead
There are over 56 million expatriates worldwide, as global talents play a key role in companies’ expansion into new markets and overall international growth.
In this video interview, produced by the magazine Finance Director Europe, Raf Leemans, senior director international compensation & benefits at The Rezidor Hotel Group, and Ludovic Bayard, GEB general manager, share their experiences and views on trends and challenges ahead.
What are the key highlights?
- Expatriate employees are crucial to transfer the expertise and company’s culture into new territories.
- Balancing the need to support growth and the need to manage benefits costs is a hot topic for the leadership.
- How to choose your benefits providers?
Benefits providers are called on to reduce and simplify complexity.
Working with a global network makes it easier for companies to operate across countries.
Among the main advantages:
- One entry point to contracts geographically dispersed
- Seamless continuation of benefits when employees relocate
What are the main challenges ahead?
- Supporting employees to have longer as well as healthier working lives
- Stepping up investment on prevention at work, with healthcare and well-being programmes, and, beyond the work environment, ensuring sustainable retirement conditions.