Generali UK partners with LifeWorks to offer more extensive EAP services with effect from 1 October 2018
Following an extensive market review we’ve decided to improve our free “telephonic” counselling EAP service, currently delivered by Optum and available to all Generali UK Group Income Protection clients.
With effect from 1 October existing and new clients will be able to access a “face to face” counselling model provided by our new EAP partner LifeWorks. This change of EAP partner will also affect the Bereavement and Probate helpline services offered to our Group Life policyholders from the same date.
Please note all intermediary contacts held within our systems for our existing insured schemes will receive a separate email regarding specific cases.
How does LifeWorks differ from the rest?
With 40 years’ experience, 50,000 global customers and a network of over 600 clinical experts, LifeWorks has earned an enviable reputation for innovation in EAP and work-life solutions.
Using the latest technology, its Total Employee Wellbeing platform integrates all services in one app, available via Android devices or iPhones. It’s intuitive, easy to use, and gives people a reason to come back regularly.
The unique elements of LifeWorks include:
- A face-to-face EAP model, with self-referrals for up to six sessions per issue, at no extra cost to clients or their employees. What’s more, around 60% of triage calls progress to face-to-face. Why? Because LifeWorks believes it’s clinically the right thing to do.
- Management information. Employers have ready access to their own anonymised management information, including data split by gender and showing a breakdown of services used – frequency and presenting issues – plus highlighting of any ‘red flag’ areas.
Key facts & figures
- 96% customer retention rate.
- The ‘mobile first’ platform unifies employee assistance services (counselling, childcare and eldercare matching service, legal service, critical incident support and HR & Manager support) with analytics and insights.
- Counselling support is arranged around the needs of individuals and includes: 24/7 telephonic access, triage service, access to specialised counsellors over the phone within 48 hours maximum, face-to-face appointments arranged within one week and with a counsellor local to the individual.
- LifeWorks has seen an increase in the demand for emotional support, up by more than three fifths (55%) over the last years.
What else does LifeWorks offer?
Additional services available via LifeWorks that fall outside the added-value package include rewards and recognition, perks and savings and physical wellness: the latter being a web-enabled facility that links an individual’s fitness apps and wearables together to ensure targeted programmes and engagement via push messaging.
Please note that funding support for these additional services may be provided via Generali’s Wellbeing Investment Matching initiative.
To find out more, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0207 265 6476.