Employee Assistance Programme
The Generali Group Income Protection (GIP) Policy includes free access to a high quality telephone-based Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) delivered by Optum. The Generali EAP is a fully confidential resource offering information, advice and support, 24/7, 365 days a year, via a free-phone number and dedicated web-portal. Members benefit from fast access to advisory and counselling services. Our EAP service is provided as a standard feature of the Generali UK GIP product at no additional cost to the policyholder.
Who Can Access The Service
In line with our Best Doctors service, Generali is pleased to extend the Employee Assistance Programme to all UK employees of our UK GIP policyholders and their eligible dependants. This includes full access for those UK employees not currently insured under the policyholder’s GIP plan, and their eligible dependants.
Eligible dependants include the employee’s spouse/partner, any parent, brother or sister living in the same household; any legal dependant under the age of 21 and in full time education; any other legal dependant who is dependent on the member because of disability; or any non-household-resident dependant parent of the employee.
Employers are recommended to make independent arrangements to declare any taxable benefit to their local tax office.
Bereavement Counselling & Probate Services
Members of Generali Group Life Assurance (GLA) schemes have access to Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline Services. These services are also available to the GLA scheme member’s immediate family in the event of the member’s death and to the member themselves should they suffer bereavement, or in the event they are appointed to administer a deceased person’s estate. Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline Services are provided as a standard feature of the Generali UK Group Life Assurance (GLA) product at no additional cost to the policyholder.
For more information please click on the links at the bottom of this page or email email@example.com
- Short term psychological services e.g. bereavement counselling and CBT
- Independent and confidential
- Access 24/7 through a freephone number, dedicated website and NEW smartphone app, see below.
- Information on emotional and workplace issues
- Independent legal advice, including probate
- Financial advice including personal debt management and inheritance
- No Additional cost for telephonic service
- Preferential rates for face to face service
- Regular posters and e-flyers available through Optum
New EAP Smartphone App
UK contracted employees of Generali UK GIP policyholders can access the benefits of the EAP online services via a new EAP smartphone app. See what it looks like here.
The myLivewell smartphone app provided in partnership with Optum, is free to download and provides:
- Details about the services that are available, as part of the EAP or wellness programme.
- Direct access into Optum’s Livewell member portal, where you will find valuable information and resources that can help us be healthier and happier.
- Contact details to access local service professionals that provide 1:1 support
The Livewell portal access code is required to use the app. This code can be communicated to employees by HR or the wellness programme coordinator using the Generali Wellbeing Communications Hub.
Use the links below to download the app for your smartphone or tablet. Currently, myLivewell supports Apple iOS and Google/Android devices.
We would like the app to be useful and user friendly. Therefore we welcome your feedback and suggestions on how to improve it. Please feel free to email us
Visit the Generali Wellbeing Communications Hub to customise or self-brand your Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) member leaflet.
To learn more click here