An expert second medical opinion can prove invaluable, eg. where a close family member has been diagnosed with cancer, or a UK contracted staff member is on secondment overseas.
The Generali Group Income Protection (GIP) Policy includes complimentary access to Best Doctors; the go-to trusted resource for expert medical information and advice. Best Doctors connects employees and their household to the best minds in medicine to help ensure they get the right answers about a medical or a mental health condition, diagnosis or treatment plan, helping them to make informed medical decisions. Best Doctors is provided as a standard feature of the Generali UK GIP product at no additional cost to the policyholder.
Who Can Access The Service
In line with our EAP service, Generali is pleased to extend Best Doctors to all UK employees of our UK GIP policyholders and their *eligible dependants. This includes full access for those UK employees not currently insured under the policyholder’s GIP plan, and their *eligible dependants.
*Eligible dependants include the employee’s spouse/partner, any parent, brother or sister living in the same household; any legal dependant under the age of 21 and in full-time education; or any other legal dependant who is dependent on the member because of disability.
For mental health conditions, eligible family members must meet the criteria described above and MUST be above the age of 18.
For more information please click on the links at the bottom of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- independent and confidential
- eligibility is not linked to a claim
- access on 0800 085 6605 from 9 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday and www.askbestdoctors.com for regular conditions
- access on 0800 048 9011 from 9 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday for mental health conditions
- Valuable medical information and support for people who have been diagnosed with a medical condition, injury, chronic condition or are suffering the symptoms of a mental health condition;
- Access to the most appropriate specialist who will consult on the case, from a database of over 50,000 medical experts around the world;
- A review and written report of the treating doctor’s diagnosis and advice as to the most appropriate treatment plan;
- For mental health conditions the service includes an assessment by our medical team and if necessary, an online video call with a local mental health expert
Visit the Generali Wellbeing Communications Hub to customise or self-brand your Best Doctors member leaflet.
To learn more click here